British Chevening Scholarship 2022/2023 Is On: How to Apply
Have you been looking for an opportunity to study in the UK? We have a piece of Good news for you.
About the British Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship 2022/2023 is a fully-funded master’s scholarship for international students. It includes university tuition, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return flight to the United Kingdom, and other scholarship allowances to meet necessary expenses.
Chevening offers future leaders and influencers from around the world a unique opportunity to advance professionally and academically, network globally, learn British culture and form long-lasting beneficial relationships with the UK. Chevening is the UK government’s international awards program aimed at developing global leaders. Around 1,500 scholarships will be awarded around the world.
They offer two types of awards: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships which are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, with beneficiaries chosen by British embassies and high commissions around the world.
Who can Apply?
In Chevening, there is no such thing as a “typical” Chevening Scholar, but those who succeed have ambition, leadership qualities, and a desire to make a positive difference in their home countries.
They do not care about your gender, age (there is no upper age restriction), sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status, caste, class, or other characteristics. What counts is your ability to write a meaningful application that proves you are capable of achieving in a demanding master’s program in the United Kingdom and that you must have a clear vision for your future.
If you meet their eligibility requirements as well as other conditions, you may apply.
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Requirements?
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship(s) you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years of work experience (equal to 2,800 hours).
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Application Timeline & Guide:
The Chevening Scholarship process for choosing Scholars takes at least eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award.
- Find the right courses
- Choose appropriate references
- Avoid common mistakes that other applicants make
Also, you can check out their Terms and conditions in case your application was successful, you’ll need to agree to their terms and conditions before accepting the award.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship in 2022/2023?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 14 July 2022).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references. The deadline is 22 February 2022).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
Getting the British Chevening Scholarship is not really as hard as people think, all you have to do is make sure you have the necessary requirements needed to be able to Apply. If you have any question or enquiries, feel free to Contact Us.